Alanar Fresh Chestnuts
Alanar Fresh Chestnuts Pasteurised With No Chemical Application
Chestnut pasteurisation and polish system is latest and unique technology investment in Turkey established by ALANAR.
- Water treatment during this process makes defected chestnuts more significant and lets to be eliminated.
- Pasteurization process makes the removal of the inner skin easier after roasting or boiling the chestnuts.
- After polishing, chestnuts can be filled into any type of package. 5-10 kg carton boxes or net bags of 5-10-25 Kg.
- Sizing of chestnuts will be from 40 pieces/Kg., very large sizes to 100 pieces/Kg. medium small sizes.
- Sizes are average : 40-50 Pcs/Kg., 51-60 Pcs/Kg., 61-70 Pcs/Kg., 71-80 Pcs/Kg., 81-100 Pcs/Kg.
In Turkey, Sekerci Castanea cultivar is excellent quality. Of oblong shape, with a reddish colored epicarp (skin) that is shiny with dense, often raised stripes and small semi rectangular shaped hilar scar. Large sized marrons are not divided, have a sweet flavour, with the kernel itself free of hollows and easily separable from the episperm (pellicle); it protects the seed and is only superficially attached to the nut which makes it easily removable, by mechanical means, also thereby easing the industrial processing.
Our chestnuts are cultivated throughout the Aydin and Denizli region by especially in the mountainous areas where they are one of the few crops that can grown on steep slopes, as well as produce during colder winter months. In some of the more mountainous areas, the economy revolved around the chestnut, as people gathered them in the fall, and worked throughout the winter to sort, dry and sell them.